BTC is excited to offer a unique scholarship opportunity, open to currently enrolled BTC students in the twelfth grade who are planning to continue into higher education OR a position in their career field, and/or for the adult students who are currently completing BTC daytime programs who would like to apply for financial assistance for their post-secondary planning.
The award amount will range from $100- $500 for students currently enrolled in daytime programming, and up to $1,500 for students continuing into the Post-Secondary Aviation program.
Scholarship approval is based on contributing factors of student attendance, grades, and completion of the relevant program’s technical skills. Please note that not every student who applies will be awarded a scholarship.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is May 27th, 2022.
Vermont Student Assistance Corp. (VSAC) helps Vermont students save, plan, and pay for college or career training. Click to access their book of available scholarships here. Here is a list of all VSAC scholarships by BTC program area.
CCV and the Vermont State Colleges (VSC) are offering millions of dollars in scholarships, free tuition, and other financial aid opportunities for Vermont students in 2021.
- The Media Factory is offering Vermont students the opportunity to apply for the Scott Campitelli Memorial Scholarship. To be eligible, applicants must reside in Vermont, be receiving their high school diploma/GED in 2022, and be pursuing further education in media, film, communications or a related field. Applicants must submit their application materials no later than May 6th, 2022.
- New England Federal Credit Union is offering scholarships for their members. The application for NEFCU’s STEM scholarship is open until April 30th; NEFCU awards three $3,000 scholarships yearly to NEFCU members applying to or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate science program.
- For students applying to or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate science program. Vermont Federal Credit Union is offering four educational scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Lincoln Tech is offering a scholarship test to interested seniors, which could be worth up to $15,000. Lincoln Tech has been training America’s workforce for 75 years, and our career-focused programs will help your students learn the skills they need to put their potential to work. SENIORS: Click here to begin the 20-question/20-minute scholarship test!
- The League of Women Voters is offering the Winona Smith scholarship in the amount of $1,500 this year. These scholarships were established to honor Winona Smith, a long-time member of the League of Women Voters of Vermont, who devoted her energies to ensuring that Vermont students receive the best possible education. The awards are presented to a Vermont resident in his or her senior year of high school who has demonstrated an interest in civic participation and community service, who has a need for financial aid, and who is highly recommended by a teacher.
- For current & prospective BTC students, and for students interested in post-graduate education in the Auto Industry: If you have financial need, TechForce Foundation scholarships and grants can help you on your way to the automotive or motorcycle training program and career of your dreams! Tuition awards and cash grants can fill the gap in paying for your education and in helping you relocate to start school. Once you’ve enrolled to your postsecondary technical school, you are eligible to apply.
- For our auto students, check out this comprehensive list of scholarships related to the auto industry.
- The PB&J Scholarship is for students who have experienced personal challenges that may not have allowed them to perform well academically, but who still have the drive to succeed. Open to all current High School seniors applying to a two or four-year college next year.
- The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans, Inc. seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue a college education, and a desire to contribute to society to apply to their scholarships. There are multiple scholarship opportunities, and juniors are encouraged to apply.
- The New England Federal Credit Union invites recognized members who have shown scholastic excellence and who are interested in advancing their nursing education to apply for their Nursing Scholarship program for up to $3,000 in awards.
- The Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship is for permanent residents of New England states, with financial need, who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others, a strong work ethic and leadership qualities. Follow the link above to read more about this excellent opportunity.
- Chairish offers a scholarship for students from diverse backgrounds, majoring in design-related fields such as architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, and engineering fields. Each year, they award up to $5,000 in college scholarships to two deserving students.
- The Friends for A_Dog Foundation and Burlington Music Dojo have announced the Learning to Fly Program. This program offers a 100% tuition-free scholarship for a music education program. To apply for this scholarship, you must complete phase 1 of the application by October 29th, 2021. More information and the application can be found at their website, linked above.
- Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education. Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate study and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board. In addition, Scholars are invited to participate in a special awards program and receive ongoing leadership-development support.