NTHS is an honor society for outstanding career and technical students located in Technical and Career Centers throughout the United States.
Founded in 1984, the NTHS today serves over 4,500 member schools, both secondary and post-secondary, and has a footprint in all 50 states, with chapters expanding into the Bahamas, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, and Guam. NTHS honors the achievements of leading career and technical education students, provides scholarships, and cultivates excellence in today’s highly competitive, skilled workforce.
The goals of the National Technical Honor Society include:
- Rewarding excellence in workforce education
- Developing self-esteem, pride
- Encouraging students to reach higher levels of achievement
- Promoting strong values-honesty, responsibility, initiative, teamwork, leadership, citizenship, scholarship
- Helping schools build effective business partnerships
- Building a strong positive image for workforce education in America