Welcome to the Burlington School District Student Support Services!
Our goal is to help every child succeed. Student Support Services focuses on academic outcomes, aspirations for our students, parent/community engagement, and regulatory compliance. We provide our students with stability and continuity, new opportunities for inclusion, and higher-quality programs that are aligned with our district goals of equity for all students. In collaboration with all Burlington District schools, PreK – 12, we strive to provide equitable opportunities to engage in high-quality instruction in the least restrictive environment, empowering each student to grow according to their ability.
Extended School Year Exploration at the airport 2018
Student Support Services Employee and Needs Directory
Student Support Services Main Number | Tel: 802-864-8456
- Director of Student Support Services: Special Education/504 Administrator – Laura Nugent, email@example.com. Contact for special education, 504, nursing, substance abuse, Discrete Trial Instruction, and other support issues PreK – 12.
- Special Education Compliance Coordinators: Erika Saunders, firstname.lastname@example.org and Sarah Gould, email@example.com. Contact for concerns related to IEP compliance.
- Special Education Out of District Liaison: Case Manager for Independent Schools – Sally Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact for questions related to students in independent school placements due to special education team determinations.
- Administrative Assistant/Homelessness Liaison: Parent and staff contact – Wilhelmenia Kirk, email@example.com. Administrative Assistant to Dir. Student Support Services and contact for questions related to Homelessness in Burlington School District.
- Administrative Assistant/Special Education Student Transportation: Parent and staff contact– Laurie Burrington, firstname.lastname@example.org. Administrative Assistant to Dir. Student Support Services and contact for questions related to transportation of students with disabilities in Burlington School District.
- Medicaid Clerk, Anne Marie Dresser, email@example.com. Medicaid Compliance and Education Reimbursement Office
Parent Connection Meetings
Please join us for a monthly Student Support Services Parent Connection meeting to be held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 4:30 – 5:30 PM. Join the Zoom meeting on your computer or join us via phone at: +1 253-215-8782 Meeting ID: 946 5088 6467 Passcode: 968617
Read our note to learn more about these meetings or view past meetings below.
Parent Guardian Resources
US Dept of Education: IDEA – Information about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
Vermont Agency of Education Website – The Agency of Education of Vermont website. This is a good resource for forms, processes and contacts specific to Vermont education needs for all students.
Notice of Procedural Safeguards – English – Information for families about special education rules
Notice of Procedural Safeguards – Translated – Translated information for families about special education rules in 13 languages
Vermont Special Education Rules – The unannotated special education rules for Vermont
Private School Parent Rights Notification – Responsibility of the Burlington School District for the provision of special education services to students enrolled in private schools
Homelessness Referral Form: Form for parents, guardians or teachers to refer students who are homeless for assistance in remaining in school.
Burlington School District Special Services Procedure Manual: Procedural Manual for Speical Education
Special Education Paraeducator Handbook: Handbook for special education paraeducators
Please visit our Staff Portal if you are a staff member in need of staff forms, procedures, or other information for this department.
January 13 Meeting
December 9 Meeting
November 11 Meeting
October 14 Meeting